You joined us to accelerate your leadership journey and help other women on their paths. Now you have the opportunity to join the ranks of The CLUB's leadership team and/or committees and further your development and the CLUB's mission! We are launching our 2018 leadership and committee participation drive to find the next leaders and supporters for the CLUB.
Our leadership in 2018 will be comprised of the following roles:
Participating in The Club in any of these positions offers great opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with dynamic, inspiring women achieving tangible results. Its an opportunity to strengthen your resume and stretch yourself while working towards a united goal of creating power opportunities for women in the Bay Area.
- Board of Directors – We want strategic thinkers who can further the CLUB’s reach and also roll up their sleeves to provide leadership and oversight for critical CLUB initiatives. Many of our board aspire to positions on public and private companies and see this effort as a stepping stone. Its an opportunity to shine and be recognized for the important work being done
- Time commitment: 10 to 20 hours per month. 3 year term (minimum).
- Managing Directors / Operating Committee – A Managing Director provides the leadership for each CLUB committee, and collectively they comprise our Operating Committee. This leadership body meets once per quarter as a committee to facilitate coordination and synergies between each area, in addition to any committee leadership meetings. A Managing Director is a great way to influence the direction of The Club meet with influential women and be recognized for the work that you do. Many members consider this role a stepping stone to the Board of Directors position.
Time commitment: 6 to 10 hours per month.
- Committee Directors – If you are passionate about the work the committees do and want the ability to influence and drive them forward consider becoming a committee director. We’re looking for someone that can take ideas and turn them into action while working with some fellow all star influencers. Committee Directors will lead key initiatives and programs within each Committee and will report into the committee’s Managing Director.
Time commitment: 4 to 8 hours per month.
- Event Chair - Manage the planning and execution of one of our larger in-person events in San Francisco or the Peninsula. Are you looking for ways to engage with local influencers and connect with dynamic leaders in the Bay Area, then working on Events is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Time commitment: 10 to 15 hour one time commitment
- Community Leaders – help organize quarterly informal events for a subset of the CLUB community (e.g. industry, geography, and experience level groups). If you are new to The Club and want an easy way to connect with other members, these positions are for you.
Time commitment: 2 to 3 hours per month.
We are seeking applicants at each of these leadership levels. If a leadership position within the CLUB is not right for you at this time, we strongly encourage you to join one of our committees. We’ve found that the most satisfied members are those who actively participate in these roles because they are able to connect with other leaders and strengthen critical leadership skills. More than a few of them have also found new jobs or contracts by volunteering, so what are you waiting for?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and all applications are due by end of day November 16, 2017.
To apply to leadership positions or to choose a committee to join in 2018, please fill out this brief survey by Thursday, November 16th.
As a CLUB leader, you will be given the opportunity to lead or co-lead teams, with guidance and feedback from other CLUB leaders and/or the Board. You'll also get to know more CLUB members and deepen the connections you have already made. Please note that some committee leadership positions have already been filled based on last year's leadership. We will contact applicants for leadership positions to set up interviews later this year.
We look forward to an exciting and inspiring 2018!