Four years ago, as the CLUB was being created, the co-founders envisioned a CLUBhouse as the key to our vision – a dedicated space available to our members to gather to inspire, energize, and help each other accelerate their leadership paths. The Board is thrilled to announce that we are launching our CLUBhouse! Our original vision is being realized with a 6-month “pop-up” CLUBhouse in Palo Alto. This will enable us to test out our vision, see how our members use the space, and decide whether this will be a long-term pursuit of the CLUB. The CLUB also plans a similar venture in San Francisco in 2016. Stay tuned for a Launch Party announcement.
True to the community of the CLUB, the CLUBhouse became reality through the efforts of various CLUB members:
- Susanna Jacob brought the opportunity to the Board.
- Kathleen Bost, co-chair of the CLUBhouse Committee, led the design of the CLUBhouse, to ensure it had a comfortable and inviting feel for our members.
- Joann Woodsum, co-chair of the CLUBhouse Committee, and members Lianne Kennedy-Boudali and Rhys Cheung, together with Kathleen, worked hard to evaluate feasibility of the space, negotiate for use of the space, and evaluate logistics to make the space easy to use for our members.
Thank you, Susanna, Kathleen, Joann, Lianne, and Rhys, for helping to make the CLUBhouse a reality!
Where is the CLUBhouse?
The CLUBhouse is conveniently located in downtown Palo Alto just off University Avenue, at 650 Gilman Street and is set back from the street, behind 654 Gilman. With ready access from 101, 280, and Caltrain, the CLUBhouse is centrally located in Silicon Valley.
What type of events will be held at the CLUBhouse?
This is a cozy space that all members can use for many of our smaller gatherings, such as:
- Committee meetings or gatherings
- Segment meetings or gatherings
- Coffees, lunches, small group dinners
- Cocktail hours / wine and cheese gatherings
- Book clubs
- Think tanks
- Big idea brunches
- Mentoring circles
- Micro-mentoring events
- Game nights
- We are limited only by your imagination!
Reserve your space today!
It’s simple – just fill out a reservation form (available on the Members’ Site - Club Resources Page) preferably 1 week or more before your event. If available, your event will be confirmed – if not available, we will look at alternative dates. We will provide you with all the information needed for hosting events at the CLUBhouse.
Help us fully test the CLUBhouse. This is space for you to deepen your connections with other members, so please use the space and let us know how you like it!
Welcome to the CLUBhouse!
-The CLUB Board